UX/UI Design A platform helping planters to take good care of their plants
Many users are delighted to find gardening app available in their app store, but they also find the design of those apps too complicated to use, because of which, users usually do not invest in advanced features even without trying. Here are some breakdown reasons for common gardening apps:
• Most users want to quickly master the knowledge of their plants they are not familiar with, instead of asking and paying the gardener for professional help.
• Information design is complicated and hard to find useful information for the target audience in general.
• Many gardening apps have an advanced feature that users want, but they charge a fee for implementation. Although they are equipped with experts on the backend to support, users are still confused by their complicated interface before they try to invest.
SmartGarden as a gardening platform provides users with the function of plant identification with the clear information they need, targeted at not only the plant lover but also people who want to take good care of their plants at home. Users will also get support from the community, posting QA and sharing stories with other users. It is a useful platform with clean design to help people better taking good care of their plants.Here are some solutions list:
• Plant identification.
• Plant growth recording and reminding.
• Plants Q&A.
• Make friends.
SmartGarden is a mobile app providing a platform for plant lovers and home plant owners to quickly get information on gardening, plant learning, and planning for how to take good care of their plants within the community with the Ai function of image recognition.
Define the problem
1.1 START FROM SURVEY
Number of Questions: 10
Number of Responses: 36
Age Group: 18 - 56 years old
Click here to see my survey:
• Plants are of great significance for many people. They like growing plants no matter at home or other places.
• Many people do not know how to take good care of their plant and have limited experience of growing plants.
• Some of them are too occupied to take care of their plants, but still, want to live with plants. And many people are apt to give up their unhealthy plants.
• They think it necessary to create an App to help them figure out problems of their plants as soon as possible.
1.2 COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
2.1 SITE MAP
Personas and Task Flows
3.2 TASK FLOWS
4.1 PAPER PROTOTYPE
I used paper prototype to test my design. This is a much easier way and quicker to get feedback from users. And it is also very convenient for me to take notes on the paper.
4.2 TEST RESULT
Number of Testers: 7
Age Group: 18 - 32 years old
Complete Task: 96.3%